Wednesday, August 24, 2016

September 6 will see the release of the long-awaited book The Walt Disney Studios: A Lot to Remember. This is the first book written by the director of The Walt Disney Archives, my good friend Becky Cline.

I have been looking forward to this book about the history of the Burbank Studio for a very long time and I am not diappointed. Yes, I would have loved to see even more photos and more text but that is true when I discover any good book about Disney history.

This volume is full of great illustrations that I had never seen before and when it comes to the text Becky made sure to tap into sources that have not been exploited often (like a great early interview with Bill Garity). The book is aimed at a fairly large audience so by its nature it has to cover some ground that was already covered in many books before, but there is a conscious effort to also explore little known facts and events.

This is a "must have" and a book most of us will thoroughly enjoy for years to come.

I wish a similar volume existed about the Hyperion Studio.

1 comment:

Christian S. said...

I just remember strongly that a Hans Perk article on his blog about the Hyperion Studio has a note that David Lesjak is writing a complete history of the buildings, but that must have been at least 4 years since he posted that article and Photos of the old Hyperion
studio