Friday, October 03, 2014

This just in from Russell Schroeder:

[I have put out 2 more Disney song folios and wanted to mail you samples.

One folio is the complete score for YE OLDEN DAYS. This is the first time a cartoon's entire score, (songs and background melodies) has been made available. It's the first in a series of folios I hope to put out which will feature a classic Mickey or Silly Symphony from the 1930s.

The other folio is a collection of 34 songs from the animated shorts from the years 1953-2003. Most of these songs were never published on sheet music. The few that had been published have been out of print for some time. I'm only aware of one song that still appears in current folios: "Oh, What a Merry Christmas Day." This folio has a counterpart in another one I am assembling covering the shorts from 1938-1953.

I am including a sheet with ordering information, in case you feel these may be of interest to readers of your website.]

I am convinced that some of you will be interested. If you click on the above image you will see it in high resolution.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to Disney fans outside the US; Amazon.com wont honor orders because the 2 hefty volumes of Lost Chords are precisely ... hefty! Some years ago, I tried to get them directly from "pintopony" but got no answer at all and got discouraged. The funny thing is that I have known (And worked with ) Russell since 1971 ... Anyway ...

Michael said...

Thanks for posting about these items! Loved "The Lost Chord" series, and am very excited about the new sheets/books!